Saturday, April 26, 2008

Update

Well, since my last blog quite a bit has changed. Travis' interview went really well and he was accepted to the Dr. Scholl's School of Podiatry in North Chicago, Il. Since that moment we have been making plans about the next few months.

Travis' school starts August 18th, however he also has an orientation starting on August 12th. So our plan is to be up there with a week and a half to get situated before his life gets really crazy. We have set the moving day for July 29th. I have already submitted my letter of resignation to work and my job is already posted. It is hard to leave this wonderful job and these wonderful people but I am super excited about the adventure ahead of us.

We believe we have found an apartment. It is less than half a mile from his school which is very good. The price is pretty reasonable for up there. If we can, we are going to try to sign the lease without making a trip up to Chicago. We will see.

I have already put my application into 4 jobs and am still looking for others. The places I have applied so far include:

* A Children's Museum for the position of Educator

* A Science and Industry Museum for an educational position

* A small college for the position of Academic Advisor

* A publishing company for the position of Assistant Editor for Social Studies

Now I will have to wait to see if any of these come through. Everyday I am searching for other open opportunities. It kind of is a lot of pressure knowing you will be the provider for a few years.

3 comments:

Brooke said...

Good luck with the move and the job search! I can relate to the feeling of being "provider" for the family. It's not bad. They are worth it. :)

Unknown said...

Yikes! I can relate to trying to move and find a job halfway across the country. May God bless your search!

Mary said...

Good luck with finding a job in Chicago - that is a fun city and this will be a great time in your lives together!