Monday, August 02, 2004

Small Vacation

This weekend I was able to take my small vacation of the summer. It was going to be a family vacation but my dad was unable to get away from work (this is his busiest time of the year). So on Friday my sisters and I drove to my grandmother's house in Dallas. My mom joined us later that night. The main thing we were looking forward to was Six Flags on Saturday. I haven't been in at least 4 years and this time it was just going to be us kids--no parents to hold us back!

We got to the park pretty much at the time it opened and we stayed til it closed. We didn't take time for sitting breaks or restroom breaks--we were on a mission. We did stop for lunch just to regain our strenght for those long lines. We even decided to forego supper so we could ride more rides! We rode practically all of the large roller coasters. I was amazed at how much my sisters have grown up. I remember the times at Six Flags when you couldn't pay them to get on a roller coaster. This time they went on everything--even the Titan (which is one amazing rush!) The only problem we had was on that parachute ride--the one that isn't fast at all, it just goes up then down very slowly. I hate that ride with an unmarketable passion. But I thought maybe this time was different. I sat in the middle of my sisters and the whole time I was screaming in a raspy voice "I hate this ride! I hate this ride! Get me on the ground!" I can take everything else but not those parachutes.

It was such a wonderful day mainly because I got to spend it all with my sisters--I don't get to do that often. They are the best and I could never ask for better sisters!

No comments: