Monday, July 26, 2004

2 more weeks

2 more weeks...of course this refers to the wonderful union of Curtis and Lauren but it also will means something else. In two weeks Jenny and her fiance Kyle move out of our house!!! We thought this summer when we took in Jenny we were getting one person to help pay rent--little did we know that she and Kyle would pretty much take over the entire house.

I hope those of you reading this don't think me rude in saying this, but I really need a place to vent my frustrations. Kyle is always at our house I wake up at 7:00 in the morning--he is there. I come home for lunch--he is there. I come home at night after work--he is there. And when he and Jenny are at the house they aren't as considerate as Lauren and Curtis who usually hang out in their room. Kyle and Jenny spread out in the living room talking or doing Jenny's homework. It's a little annoying for Robin and I when we want to relax from our long work days in front of the tv.

Another problem is the kitchen. 3/4 of the refrigerator has been taken over by Jenny's food. It's really annoying, especially when I have a craving for some watermelon kiwi kool-aid but realize I can't make any because there isn't any room among Jenny's stuff.  What's odd is that Jenny and Kyle have their own house that they could hang out at, like Curtis and Lauren do. But instead they decide to take over our house and they don't seem bothered by it at all.

I do enjoy Jenny. She is very sweet and fun. I think it's more about when Kyle comes over. Maybe it's that man-hater side of me ;)

Again I apologize for my jerky complaints but I can't keep some of this bottled up anymore. 2 more weeks...

 

3 comments:

Julie said...

whew! i'm pretty certain the girls at my house feel the same way about me and bret (though they think it's scandalous when we do watch movies in my room so we don't take over the rest of the house). i think the solution is balancing boyfriend and girl time, which can be difficult. girl time cannot be replaced, that's for sure! sometimes the estrogen needs to run high and save the boyfriend stuff for later. good luck over these next two weeks, yo! i'm done rambling.

Brooke said...

Vent away, my friend. Sometimes you just need to get your frustrations out. I'm right there with you on dealing with roommates' boyfriends. (But Julie, you and Bret are rarely the cause of such frustrations.) Hang in there. Life will be much different in 2 weeks.

Anonymous said...

MAN HATER!!!!
I'm never talking to you again.

-Phil whom you can no longer call roommate

p.s. the above is a load of horse doodoo