Wednesday, July 14, 2004

Lock Down

Yesterday I got home from class and accidently locked my keys in my car. The act actually happened in slow motion--like in the movies. The keys were in the seat, I closed the door--as the door was swinging I turned around screaming out "NOOOOO!" while jumping through the air trying to shove my arm in the way of the door. Ok so maybe it didn't happen like that but that would have been cool.

Luckily I was at home when it happened and I didn't have to go to work. Unfortunatly I didn't have a spare key made. So I tried 3 options: (1) First I called Hannah to see if Eric had one of those hooks to open doors. She told me only one cop in Abilene has it and she didn't know who it was--forget that idea. (2) I called the dealership to see if maybe they had a key on hand. The guy told me that the parts department might if I could tell them the number on my car. Just my luck I had my window shades up and the shade was covering up half the number. (3) So I had to call the locksmith--pop-a-lock. The guy that came to get me out had the last name Crawford. He kept trying to see if we were related. I wanted to say "dude, there are tons of Crawford's all over the place!"

As soon as I got the keys out I made a mad dash to get 3 copies of the key. My parents each have one and I have one in the house. Hopefully this won't happen again!

3 comments:

Julie said...

locked keys? you nut!

i hope your summer is going peachily! the other day i was driving down campus court and saw you crossing the street. i sped up to run you over, but i had to halt at the stop sign. don't want to break any laws, you know.

Anonymous said...

Dude. You should've called me. I've borken into dozens of cars. i've gotten really good at it.

-roommate phil

p.s. wow that second sentence could have been taken the wrong way.

Mark said...

I like how you ended your story with, "Ok so maybe it didn't happen like that but that would have been cool." This reminds me of the movie Big Fish, and the metaphor of "life is what you make of it". While in reality all I did today was sit and watch the paint dry, when I look back on the events of my day, all I can see is an army of potatoes coming straight for me, and my pet vermillion and I stand ready for the attack.

>>>

...


Boy...I'm not sure what I ate that caused that kind of "comment". Stinky Indian food.