Monday, July 19, 2004

Weekend Bliss

It seems like lately I blink and the weekend is gone and it's time to get back to both jobs and class...blech. On Friday Robin and I decided to break our watching "I Love the 90's" habit and go to the movies. Neither of us had seen Spiderman II so we ventured to the spine-thrilling, web-throwing flick. Wow--such a great movie! But the best part of the movie for both of us was what happened in the theater. In the middle of the movie this high school guy was walking up the stairs and just flat out bit it. He went down like a sack of potatos...and stayed down for a little bit. We could hear other women in the theater quietly asking if he was alright, but Robin and I were trying our hardest to keep the laughter inside.
 
Saturday involved bike riding, work (of course), and a small time of fellowship. Saturday night Curtis and Lauren invited people over to watch Along Came Polly. So Marcus, Bret, Curtis, Lauren, Robin, and I had some quality time. I can't say too much for the movie--wasn't too impressed.
 
Sunday was sort of depressing in the church sense. I just didn't feel the spiritual pull that I usually do at highland. One reason was that a lot of people that I usually talk to or sit with weren't there. Also Mike wasn't there to preach one of his amazing sermons. In the middle school room I was in the middle of leading my group when the main leader joined the group and just took over the discussion. I knew it had happened when I asked the kids a question and one of the boys said "Oh, I forgot you were here". To top it off I had to work 2-10 at the snowcone stand. I make the day better I came home after work, took a shower, and went straight to bed--it was great.
 
Now I'm ready to start another fun-filled, jam-packed week! (20 days til Curdit and Lauren's Wedding!)

No comments: