Friday, July 09, 2004

Laughter the Best Medicine

Last night my mom and I went to dinner and a movie. My mom was extremely excited because the last movie she had seen in theaters was Lord of the Rings back in December (sheesh mom, get a life). We went to see The Stepford Wives at Century theater. Being a Thursday night there were a slim number of others in the audience--may be 8 to 10 other people, which sometimes is a bit nicer. So this movie is absolutely hilarious as it cracks one-liners all over the place. My mom and I are dying laughing but no one else in the theater even cracks a chuckle. My mom and I both tend to have rather loud laughs so it was even worse that no one else would laugh. I wanted to hit these people over the head with a humor stick! Didn't you hear what was said?!?! Oy! I'm just glad I come from a giddy (giddy?) family that thoroughly enjoys the gift of laughter.

1 comment:

TKP said...

Erin,
It's funny you watched The Stepford Wives, because I'm now living where the movie was filmed. And let me tell you, New Canaan, Connecticut feels a lot like Stepford (they asked that extras come, only if they were tall, blonde and pretty and only if they had an SUV. Go figure.) What's the best SnoCone to get? Hmmmmm?
Teresa