Thursday, July 22, 2004

Epedimic in ACU AD Building

Today I had the most fun I've ever had working at the Provost office. First of all, a prelude to today, everyone has gone nuts in the AD building. For some odd reason everyone and their dog has decided to paint their offices--noone has been spared--yes, even the Provost office has caught the disease.

This past week we have been painting. I've only been there in the mornings from 8-10 since I have class and my other job. So I haven't done too much. But today I stayed practically all day. What's even greater is that Dr. VanRheenen and Dr. Winter are both out of the office until August so it's just us girls. Today was spent prepping the large office area so we could paint on Friday. We had fun taping the walls, using the dolly to move file cabinets, and finding all kinds of stuff that fell between the cracks of furniture. Stephen Lamb, who works in the registrar's office, and my boss's husband came to help us move the desks (although I think we could have managed without them).

At around 4:00 we realized we needed more blue tape and another gallon of paint. Jana was going to go by herself but Julie made a reference to snow cones. So I went along with Jana so I could use my special benefits to get us free snow cones at New Wave.

We got a lot of work done today but it felt more like playing than working--I wish everyday could be like that in the office.

No comments: