Friday, October 27, 2006

This Week

Monday

My day off was very enjoyable. I slept in (what a shock). Travis was having trouble with his back at work; so, after seeing a physical therapist, he had the rest of the day off! We went to lunch and then ventured off to the fabulous CS mall where I needed to pick up a present for my sister. And Travis picked up some stuff as well: a new wallet, a gift box of colognes (thankfully I like all of them--just kidding!), and a free gift--a bag with speakers in it (made for an ipod).

Tuesday

Hmmm...nothing much happened on this day. We went to our men/women's bible studies where we found out we will be helping out with the Trick or Treat for cans on Halloween! I have to figure out a costume and make a dessert.

Wednesday

This was our last day of the Home School program--yeah! Because of the weather we were expecting alot of no-shows but almost all of the groups came. The children were very attentive and behaved. That evening I taught my 5-year-olds at church about Elijah and Elisha. I had a dry erase board and had the kids come draw a picture for a certain part of the story. To help the kids remember which person we were talking about, I made up some hand motions. For Elijah we did the letter j in sign language. For Elisha we made a swishing motion with our hands. We also had one for Jezabel--we shook our hips and held out the z sound: Jezzzzzzabel! What was fun is the kids would always tell me when I forgot to do one of the signs for the people.

Thursday

Last night after work Travis picked me up at my apartment and we headed to Conroe to visit his brother, Cody. Cody cooked us a wonderful dinner! We had crab, broccoli, pasta with shrimp, and bread with tomatoes and melted cheese. I tell you what those Bodeker men and their cooking skills really amaze me. We went down the road to see the new Shoe Carnival store where Cody is the manager. It was very nice; I hadn't been in that store in awhile--they had some nice shoes. The rest of the evening was spent talking, hearing some fun stories about both of the boys from back in the day :) The whole evening was very enjoyable!

No comments: