Tuesday, October 31, 2006

Halloweeny-ness

Happy Halloween!

I've been very excited to participate in Halloween activities this year. Last year I didn't get to do anything for Halloween. On that day I was driving back from a trip to Abilene and I didn't really know people to join in on any festivities. But this year I have made up for my lack of thrills and chills.

I suppose the halloween fun started on Friday. Travis went to Austin with some guy friends to look at equipment for their upcoming backpacking trip. So I had a leisurly evening with Sarah and Kim. After dinner (pepperoni pizza with black olives) and dessert (cream cheese wraps) at Boston's and a quick trip to World Market, we headed back to Kim and Sarah's for a movie. With Halloween so close, we decided to watch something fitting to the holiday. So we chose The Ring. I truly forgot how scary that movie is!

On Sunday afternoon our church had a Trunk or treat for the kids. Our GAP class had two games set up for the kids to play: a candy walk and a golf game. The kids loved our games! They kept coming back for more. We had lots of regulars that would play over and over again. When we first started we had a huge mound of candy and I thought there was no way we would get rid of it all. At the end of 2 hours we had maybe 3 handfuls left. It was so much fun!



Last night after nursing home singing Kendra, Sonya, Sarah and I ventured out to Wicked Woods. It was a haunted house set up by one of the fraternities at A&M. The frat house is located out towards the airport on about 4 acres of land--so the rooms you went through were all outside. All the money collected was going to a children's organization (I thought that was a really good gesture). So the 4 of us girls remained huddled up in a ball as we traveled through the different rooms. Sonya, Sarah, and I were the screamers/jumpers and Kendra was our rock that we held on to. The only part we really didn't like were the guys with chainsaws. They didn't have the blades on but they still made a lot of noise. Also the guys encircled us and had the chainsaws really close to our bodies--I was very close to kicking someone. It was a great bonding experience for us!

Tonight the AFC (Aggies For Christ) is going Trick or Treating for cans. We get to dress up and help stock the Brazos Valley Food Bank. Then afterwards we will have goodies and prizes for the best costumes.

No comments: