Thursday, June 21, 2007

VBS Mania

Whew--the past three days have been a bit of a whirlwind what with work and then VBS until 9:00 at night. But I had so much fun! I knew the vast majority of the kids in my group which was very helpful. I'm pretty sure we had one of the largest classes--16 the first night. The first night our group went to see the drama skit that Travis was in--it was hilarious! I got great pictures and 2 video clips: one of Poptiphar's wife chasing Joseph around (the kids thought this was so funny) and the other of Joseph and Pharoah (our preacher) singing a song. I was so proud of him! By Wednesday night word had got around about the skit and quite a few church members came up just to see it.

At the end of the first evening Travis came to my classroom; I was still waiting for a few kids to be picked up. One of the boys starred at Travis and then he whispered to another boy "look it's Joseph." Then he covered his name tag and asked Travis what his name was. I snuck behind Travis and whispered his name. Travis then picked him up, did a little shake, and said his name. The little boy had a look of amazement. He asked Travis "how did you know that?" Travis told him that he dreamed it!

1 comment:

Julie said...

That is TOO cute!