Tuesday, July 17, 2007

One Year

This past weekend was filled with a whole lot of fun--mainly girl time! On Friday Travis headed to Conroe to spend some time with his brother. So I hung out with some of the girls from our GAP class at church. The plan was to go to a place called Margarita Rocks for some free salsa dance lessons--who would pass that up? Beforehand we decided to watch some dance movies to get us in the mood. We watched some of Fame (a little slow so we stopped it) and Stomp the Yard (mainly just the cool dance segments). The lessons were very enjoyable. Since there were 4 of us girls we paired up--not really wanting the ackward random guy dance (also I promised Travis I wouldn't). After the lessons we sat back and watched the awesome couples and the women dancing on skinny stiletto heels. We did get asked twice to dance, once by a man who didn't speak english. My new plan is to take Travis there some Friday night and cut a rug!

On Sunday Travis and I celebrated our one year of dating! It is the weirdest feeling--it doesn't seem like it has been long enough to be a year and yet it feels like I have known Travis for much longer. This is the longest relationship I have ever been in and the most wonderful! We spent the day at the movie theater--something I have never done before. We first saw Harry Potter then went out and bought tickets for Transformers. Both were very enjoyable. And we finished it off with a nice dinner at Chili's. It was a wonderful day spent with a wonderful man!

2 comments:

Hannah said...

I am so glad that you found Travis! He is such a nice guy and so perfect for you! I can't believe it has already been a year though...

Mark said...

hey! we want an official "EC perspective" blog post on the you-know-what that happened last weekend!