Saturday, September 01, 2007

A Swatch...Is That Too Much To Ask?

For the past week and a half I have had the worst time trying to get a swatch from the place I am ordering bridesmaid dresses from. The color of the dresses is Indigo so it's not a normal color that can easily be matched. My main problem was that I kept talking to employees who didn't know all of the stores policies.

The first time I called and asked for a swatch the girl told me they only give out swatches for in-store use. What? Why would I need a swatch when I can look at the color right there in the store? So the next time I called I asked for the manager. She told me once one of my bridesmaids had ordered a dress I could get a swatch. So once I knew a bridesmaid had ordered a dress I called once more. I made sure to say "may I speak to someone about ordering a swatch" so that I wouldn't get the same girl I had before. Well, this girl told me right away "oh we don't do that". Usually I am a very nice, pleasant person on the phone but I decided it was time to get gruff. I told her that I spoke with the manager and they do give out swatches. She then told me to hold. When she came back on she asked me what color I needed. I told her the color and she immediately asked me to repeate it. She put me on hold for a bit and then came back and asked me to spell the color! I was amazed. And then to top it off she said "and you need that little piece of fabric, right?" I don't think she even knew what a swatch was! So after all of that I found out they can't mail it out to me. I will have to go to Houston some day next week.

I had decided if it came down to it I was either going to sneak my camera into the store and take a picture of a dress in the same color or Plan B--sneak in a pair of scissors and nonchalantly snip off an unnoticably piece of the dress.

No comments: