Saturday, June 14, 2008

Trip to Abilene

I promise once we move to Chicago I will be much better at keeping this updated. It seems like lately I haven't had much to write about. A few weekends ago we took a trip down to Abilene for my sisters' graduation. I hadn't been home since Christmas, so it was fun to see what all had changed. Going to the graduation at the Expo Center brought back so many memories of when I graduated 7 years ago! Good grief--has it been that long? There were quite a few of the graduates I knew from the youth group at church, some of who I hadn't seen in years. It was a little weird seeing them all grown up.

It happened to work out that the same weekend of the graduation Christy was having her bridal shower. I was happy I was able to go since I'm highly certain I will not make it to the reception. We also had dinner (at Taco Bueno--oh how I've missed it) with my college gang. The group is getting smaller and smaller as people are moving away to other areas of the state or further away to Illinois and even New York. And I also got to see (and hold) Hannah's twins. They are so precious and tiny. Don't worry it has not awakened the mommy bug in me--that is a ways down the road...hopefully. Travis and I also got to see my dad's new place of work. He seems very happy and excited about this place which I am glad about. My mom just recently got a new job as well and she is much happier too. Everything seems to be falling into place. We also worked out the moving plan. My parents are going to help us drive the moving van and our car to North Chicago and then fly back. It's going to be a very long trip. I don't know if I have been in a car for that long of a time period.

I'm still in the process of looking for a job. So far no one has called me back which is a little disheartening. It would be wonderful if I could have a job already lined up before we get there. But perhaps it will be easier to look once we are all set up.

1 comment:

Mark said...

Let us know when you're heading up and we'll try to be there to help unpack/bring food/play ultimate/ anything that would be helpful!!