Tuesday, August 14, 2007

Sick of Being Sick

Well, I am back at work after being out for a whole week due to illness. Two Saturdays ago (Aug. 4) I felt really funny at work. When I got home I just layed on the couch all evening feeling yucky. I had a horrible cough and drainage and Travis was pretty sure I had a fever. I decided to rest for Sunday and Monday, hoping the sickness would be gone by my Tuesday work day. But it didnt work. I still felt horrible and had a fever. On Sunday night I woke up twice during the night and dry heaved--not a fun experience.

On Tuesday Travis took me to the doctor. The doctor couldn't find any signs of sinus problems. When he listened to my chest he found the problem--I had bronchial pneumonia! So I was given an expensive medication and an expensive cough medicine (that tastes horrible). I was stuck on the couch for the rest of the week.

I think my body was trying to tell me that I have been trying to do too much too quickly for the wedding. For only being engaged 3 weeks I have quite a bit done. I'm just trying my hardest to have it all done so I'm not stressed right before the wedding.

So far I have:

* A date picked
* A place for the wedding/reception/rehersal dinner
* The officiant picked
* Attendents picked
* Colors and theme picked
* My dress purchased
* Photographer lined up
* Wedding cake person picked out
* Honeymoon spots narrowed down
* Engagement pictures taken
* Bridesmaid dresses picked out

I think I'm doing ok--since I have 6 months till the wedding.

No comments: