Tuesday, December 12, 2006

Christmas Celebrations Galore

This weekend was filled with so many fun Christmas activities. On Friday we had the Christmas Carnival at the Lincoln Center. The GAP class helped with the "Fill the Sleigh" game. The kids would come through bean bag animals through the holes of a piece of wood painted like a sleigh. I was part of the prize team. I tried to "sell" the prizes no one wanted. I sported a hat for quite awhile and blew up a balloon (which I blew up too far and it popped really loud). Travis and Aaron helped with the bowling game. We had a blast with all of the kids and I know they enjoyed it as well.





Saturday Travis came up to the museum and once we were closed we ventured down to the farm for the special Christmas celebration. When we first got there we got some hot cider to keep us warm in the cool night air. We toured Anson Jones home where a little band was playing music and visitors were singing along to the Christmas carols. Inside the house the fires were lit in the fireplaces and crafts were being made in the rooms. After touring the ox pen and the slave cabins we went to the chuck wagon. We received a bowl of rice and beans, some sausage and a biscuit. All of the food was made over an open fire. It was some very fine food.

After touring the farm Travis and I met his roommate Tong and his girlfriend Leigh at Central Park in College Station. The park has all kinds of Christmas lights to look at. And this weekend was open house so we could get free cookies and hot chocolate! We made sure to go by the huge Christmas tree made of lights. One of my co workers said the fun thing to do is look up and spin around. It made you incredibly dizzy but for some reason I couldn't stop doing it!



On Sunday we had our GAP class Christmas party at Sarah and Kim's. And what a feast we had! There was turkey, mashed potatoes, green bean casserol, chile soup, broccoli cheese soup, cranberry dressing, homemade rolls with homemade cinnamon butter, strawberry salad, broccoli salad. And for dessert we had tiramesu, pumpkin cake with orange glaze and fudge. It was an amazing meal! Because of all the food we each got to take a take home plate. So I was able to enjoy the meal again for lunch the next day!

My next post will be about my special project on Monday but I need to wait for the pictures...until then everyone must wait in suspense!

1 comment:

Julie said...

I can't wait to see the pictures of your special project! And we will be in town for part of your visit and gone for part of it, but I'm sure we can squeeze in some EC time! :-)