Saturday, December 16, 2006

Special Project

Ok so I don't have the pictures yet but I will explain what occurred last Monday.

Over the course of our relationship Travis has thought up wonderful ways to surprise me and to show that he cares. I wanted to do the same thing. So for awhile I had been thinking about what I could do for him. I know that I wanted it to involve me sneaking into his apartment.

I decided that I wanted to list reasons why I liked him. But the dilema came up of how many to write. I wanted the number to have some type of meaning--so I decided to count how many days it had been since we first met. From June 30th to December 11th it was 165 days. I then began to write 165 reasons why I liked him. I wrote the reasons on 165 sticky notes (green, pink, and yellow).

I made plans with Travis' roommate, Tong, to borrow his keys and sneak into the apartment early Monday morning. I arrived at the apartment at 8:00 as Tong was leaving for work. I then set out to cover the wall above Travis' bed in a pattern of pink, yellow, and green sticky notes. It took me an hour and a half to cover that wall--and they covered the entire area of wall. I also brought him a small bunch of miniture roses, a picture frame with a picture of us, and a card explaining the sticky notes.

After finishing up I went back home to sleep for a little while. Travis called me at 11:00 to say he was leaving the hospital to go up to campus to talk to a teacher and then he would be at his apartment for lunch. I then waited for him to call again. After an hour of waiting I thought that he would never call but he did and was excited by my sneakiness. So far the sticky notes are still decorating his wall.

No comments: