Thursday, December 21, 2006

He is Home!

Travis left last Friday morning with 4 other guys on a back packing trip in the Wachita (sp?) Mountain area in Oklahoma. It has been an interesting week for me. On Friday I came home and remembered he wasn't in town and truly was unsure what to do. The weekend went by fine; I had things to do. On Saturday night I had some people over to watch It's a Wonderful Life. On Sunday there was church, lunch with Sarah and Kendra, evening church and a fellowship meal. I passed the rest of the evening by watching March of the Penguins--such a cute movie!

Monday was much harder. I had plenty of Christmas related things to do but by 4:00 I was done for the day. So from 4:00 til my bedtime I just sat and watched t.v.--oy. Each day got harder and harder. Funny that my lesson to my kindergarten class Wednesday night was about patience--possibly a lesson I needed to hear as well. What was even hard was that I didn't get to talk to Travis on the phone. He called Friday night to let me know they got in but since then all I had to go on was a phone message he left me right before they left.

But this morning he called while I was getting ready for work to tell me they were about an hour away from home! They left earlier than expected. It was so good to hear his voice and to know he was safe.

So we will have tonight and tomorrow together and then I leave Saturday for Abilene for a week stay.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

You know we have to go bowling while you're here!!!