Tuesday, November 15, 2005

I hate Mondays!

With my current work schedule I have my day off on Mondays which should make the day a joyous time of relaxation, right? Well, the past few Mondays have been hectic, stressful, and sometimes have ended in tears. I'm still trying to get settled into my new city which means I have a lot of things to change and setup and Mondays have become the designated day for all that crap. I should have known it was not going to be an enjoyable day when at 8:30 in the morning a jackhammer type instrument went off right behind my apartment. Apparently they decided to fix the sidewalk early in the morning on my one day to sleep in! Somehow I managed to drown out the sound and sleep a little longer. During the morning time I researched different insurance places for my car insurance. Then I made a list of everywhere I had to go--I had to get a notary to sign my request for defensive driving (yes I got not one but 2 tickets on my way to and from Abilene a few weeks ago) and I need to get a few groceries from super walmart. I got in the car and started to backup when I noticed the car was really sluggish. I got out and saw the the problem--a very flat tire. Grrrrr! At first I wasn't sure what to do. I followed my first instinct and called my parents but neither one of them answered. Then I remembered that in my trunk I had a travel size air pump that plugs in the car. So after airing the tire I rushed to the little Walmart across the street. I assumed it would take an hour to an hour and a half to fix. Well, I was there from 2:15-5:00! They had to change both of my front tires and for some reason it takes 3 hours to do that. So I missed my chance to go to the notary and it was after 6:30 when I returned home from grocery shopping...sheesh.

Maybe next Monday will be a little better!

No comments: