Friday, November 11, 2005

Kids Say...

Finally after almost a month I have internet capabilities in my apartment. The guy who fixed it was only on my computer for 10 minutes. He clicked one little thing and everything worked--sheesh! All that waiting for one little click.

I love working with little kids. Each day is different and you never know what they will say. Today on one of my tours I had an answer to a question that I had to keep from laughing at. On the second floor tour of the museum I set the kids on the floor while I talk a bit about the people who came to Texas. I begin by saying "many people came to Texas because there was something they could get that was really cheap and sometimes free". I ask the students what it was. The correct answer is land. Some of the common answers I get are food and wood but today I had a little boy say doors. It was such a random answer that I wasn't expecting. I had to hold in the laughter.

One more day of work until my blessed weekend. But this evening I have some special visitors coming that will make the weekend a whole lot better!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Girl that sounds like a wonderful place to be.. I miss you dearly! Im glad to hear you are doing well..

I would have said sunshine. or cowboys