Tuesday, November 08, 2005

Sheesh...It's About Time!

Well, I know I told everyone that I would start up my blog again since I wouldn't be in the same city. I'm sorry it's taken me this long to get started. The main problem is I don't have my wireless internet setup yet. It's going on the 4th week without it. I now personally know 3 of the guys at the computer company and talk with them as if I have known them for years. Hopefully sometime this week I can get it figured out. (If anyone out there knows anything about getting wireless on a laptop I would appreciate any advice).

The job is going great! I love it alot! So far I have scheduled many tours--I think I have most of that down. Last week was my first time to give tours. I gave 7 tours in 3 days! My first day, Wednsday, I gave three separate tours so by the time the day was over I was an expert. Each tour is different depending on the kids and mostly on the teacher and how she manages the class. I've had some interesting groups who have been hard to handle mainly because their teacher pretty much gave them to me and went to look at items in the museum--grrrr! But I have had some other wonderful groups. Last Thursday I had the "heavenly group" as I call them. They were absolutely perfect and so far no other group has matched them. At the end of giving the tour to one of the groups, two third grade girls were upset that I wasn't going with them to the next site--it was so cute!

Apartment living is going well. I'm still lacking a few pieces of furniture but I have the major essentials...the t.v.! I'm still unpacking--it's hard to figure out were to put all my stuff. Last night I went to the exercise room for the first time. It's pretty nice. I used the treadmill (which I found out this morning I should have stretched first--a little sore). I'm slowly getting involved with A&M Church of Christ. Already I have found people I have connections with. I met the parents of a girl I knew from ACU and last Sunday I sat next to a guy who did an internship in my dad's office--how weird!

Anyway, that's about all that's been going on in my life so far. I promise to keep ya'll posted!

EC

1 comment:

Brooke said...

welcome back to blog land! i've missed you!