Monday, November 20, 2006

Humbling/Humiliating Experience

Through our relationship Travis has learned that I am a little clumsy. On one of our first "outings" (tour of A&M) I kept tripping over my feet. I have on occassion accidently hurt Travis because of my clumsiness--knitting needle to the head, fork to the arm, elbow to the eye, etc. And last night was another clumsy blunder--actually a pretty big one.

Travis came over after evening church service to do his laundry. Before heading to the laundry area I had to put money on my laundry card. Travis waited in the truck while I ran up to the machine near the main office. Once I was done I thought it would be fun to Make a graceful leap off the curb. Well, I think I leaped a little too high because when I came down I completely wipped out! I lost my footing, fell on the road and rolled into Travis's truck. Travis jumped out of his truck so quick to make sure I was ok. I felt bad for making him worry. I was laughing as he came around to help me. I had a few little red spots but nothing serious. The main thing that was injured was my pride--I was so embarrassed!

___________________

Saturday Travis brought me flowers! They are pink with yellow tips and they are so beautiful! I was so surprised and excited!

1 comment:

Brooke said...

i am SO glad i am not the only clumsy person in this world. if i could only count the number of times i have dumb, klutzy things. i don't even think i can count that high...