Thursday, November 09, 2006

A Little Bit of This...

Tours never go as planned. Yesterday the farm called me wondering if the morning group (who was 30 minutes late) had called in. I hadn't heard from them but I was sure the buses with 100 kids would be late. A little later I received a call to tell me the kids were fine...they were in class in Houston! The secretary said their trip wasn't until November 14th. I got a little frantic after hearing that--I was afraid I had said the wrong date but all of my paperwork said the 8th. Later that day I found out the teacher has been out for 3 weeks with a family emergency and forgot to cancel the tour with us. Sheesh. My afternoon was a lot quieter.

Last night was my turn to teach the kindergarten class at church. There are some days when I just don't feel like going through with teaching. But it is amazing how that feeling goes away as soon as I am in the classroom with the kids. One of the little girls brought a picture she drew for me! I was so excited--I have to figure out where to hang it...on the refrigerator or on the wall next to my desk.

Tonight I have to pack for my trip to Orlando. I will leave work after lunch and head down to Houston. This is my first time ever to go to the airport and ride on a plane all by myself! It's going to be a fun adventure! My flight doesn't leave until 7:00ish and I should be at the airport around 3:00. I want to give myself plenty of time in case something should happen that is not in my plan. I'll probably bring a book...maybe some sudoku puzzles!

1 comment:

Mary said...

Erin, how exciting! I want to go to Disney World so bad - I haven't been in ten years! I'm glad you had a great time with your family and there were no major plane problems.