Saturday, November 18, 2006

Worst Service

Thursday night as everyone was leaving the museum, Virginia noticed that I had a flat tire. I hate when that happens! There was a big, fat screw stuck in the middle of my tire. So my boss, Houston, put my spare tire on for me. I had to drive 50 on the highway as I traveled back to College Station. The only place I thought of for tires was Wal-Mart but I found out it would be a 2 1/2 hour wait. I opted to come back at 7:00 in the morning.

I arrived at 10 minutes after 7:00 to give them time to open everything up. Well, apparently that was not enought time because all of the garage doors were locked. So I left my car and walked all the way to the front of the store (this was the morning it was in the high 30's/low 40's. By the time I got to the automotive section the manager was there to open the doors--sheesh! They told me it would take 20 minutes. After looking at the store for awhile, mainly getting a warm feeling from looking at the Christmas items, I ventured back at the allotted time. The two mechanics were inside talking and laughing with the cashier lady. When they saw me they went back outside. I asked the lady if any cars were ready and she said no. So those guys were having a little break after being at work for maybe 30 minutes! A few minutes later I heard my name and I went to pay for the patchwork on my tire. As I exited I noticed my car was still in the work station dock. I stood there expecting the mechanic to back it up for me. Then he said "Oh, you can come and back it out." I was floored--I had never even seen another customer have to back their own car up. While in my work clothes, I stepped over the different items on the ground and proceeded to back my car up. I made sure not to thank the mechanic or even look at him. I don't think I will be using Wal-Mart any more for my car needs.

_________________________________________

Wednesday I gave a Native American Program to a group of kindergarteners. This program is always fun because the kids always say something funny. I pointed to a map of Texas and asked the kids what type of food the Indians who lived on the coast would eat. One little boy said buffalo. I then iterated the fact that they lived near the water. The same little boy then said water buffalo!

2 comments:

Mary said...

Erin - In response to your comment on my blog:

Word - I don't know why he loves running so much but he does. And I love him, so I guess I'm stuck. It's okay - as long as he doesn't drag me along!

Unknown said...

I'm leaving on Tuesday, the 28th, and coming back Saturday, the 2nd. Would you like anything from NY?