Tuesday, November 14, 2006

Weekend in Disney World

I arrived home safe and sound from a quick but fun trip to Disney World. On Friday I had all of my maps and easily found the parking lot for the airport. I got through security just fine--I guess I don't have one of those faces that screams terrorist. I had about 2 hours to wait so I looked at some shops, ate some Wendy's, and did a few Sudoku puzzles. The flight was on schedule and went very well. I sat next to 12 year old girl who was going on a cruise with her family.

On Saturday we made it out of our resort by 10:30ish (The Crawfords are not early birds...scratch that: the Crawford girls are not early birds...scratch that: My mom and I are not early birds). We spent the day at Magic Kingdom. Our first ride was Pirates of the Carribbean. While waiting in line we took our picture with Captain Jack Sparrow! We climbed up the Swiss Family Robinson house, saw a really fun 3-D show with Donald Duck, and rode space mountain and big thunder mountain.
That evening we went to Downtown Disney which is a big strip of stores and also clubs. We ate at Planet Hollywood--I had never been in one before.

Sunday we headed off to MGM Studios for the day. Our first stop was the Muppets 3-D show--we are a muppet-lovin family! After that we rode the Star Wars ride which was very enjoyable. We watched the Indiana Jones stunt show which had Harrison Ford's stunt double! My mom and sister bought some very nice looking postcards of Harrison. We rode The Great Movie Ride which we thought was going to be really neat but was actually kind of cheesy. The ride takes you through scenes from famous movies which was enjoyable. The part we didn't enjoy was we had this perky, annoying tour guide who came along with us and made really cheesy jokes. We spent quite a bit of time in the Animation Studio. My sisters are both into art and were very excited to visit this part. Inside there were lots of little interactive item. One of the computers allowed you to record your voice singing or acting out part of a disney movie. Jennifer and I spoke for Jafar and Iagoo and all three of us sang Hakuna Matata. Another computer had a questionaire to see which Disney character you were. I was Tinker Bell, Traci was Ursela, and Jennifer was Nala. My dad and sisters rode Tower of Terror while my mom and I snuck off to get some chocolate. I can do roller coasters just not the ones that go up and down--my tummy can't take that. My sisters and I also rode Aerosmith's Rockin Coller Coaster which was quite thrilling.

What we didn't know was that the weekend we were at MGM Studios it was Soap Opera Weekend. There were all these parades with soap opera stars--of course we had no idea who these people were. But women were going nuts as they came down the street. The only one I recognized was Susan Lucci. Also when I was right outside of the animation studio I happened to see Rosie O-Donnell. I was a good distance away from her but my sister Jennifer was about 5-10 feet from her.

And before I left Disney World I had to get my own Mickey Mouse ears with my name embroidered on the back :)

For our trip home we had to get up at 5:45 a.m.--blech! My plane was scheduled to leave at 9:25 but it then got bumped to 9:45. Once we all got on the plane and were situated the pilot came on and told us the reason we were delayed was because they were waiting for a part. Well, the brought the wrong part and it would take an hour and a half for the new part to come. They gave food vouchers for everyone but I just stayed on the plane and slept. We finally left the airport at noon and arrived in Houston (with the time change) at 1:00. It then took me an hour and a half to get my luggage and get to my car. Then I had a two hour drive back to College Station. I arrived at my apartment at 4:30--I was pooped. Needless to say I went to bed last night at 8:45.

It was a great trip but I'm also happy to be home.

No comments: