Tuesday, May 29, 2007

Gone

Saturday, at 4:00 in the morning, Travis and his brother, Cody, set out for their road trip to Denver, Colorado. They were going to spend a few days with their cousin who lives up there. They reached their destination around 8:30 pm. Personally, I don't know how well I would have lasted in a car for that long. So Travis is gone until Thursday--I'm trying to find things to do to keep my occupied until then.

Sometimes I get, I guess you could call them cravings. Usually it is a form of media--a tv show that I must watch many episodes of; or it could be a desire for Jane Austen movies; or the Anne of Green Gables saga. This weekend I was on a Lord of the Rings kick--not for the movies but for the appendices. I watched a whole bunch of the extra footage of how they made the extrodinary movies. I love listening to stories from the cast and crew and learning about how much work went into those movies. I truly can't imagine doing everything they did!

I think I stayed up a little too late reading last night. I am feeling it at work today. I usually have a bit of tiredness hit me in the afternoon, but today I am truly fighting to keep my eyes open. I only stayed up 30 extra minutes--it's amazing the affect it has on my body. I remember the days when I could stay up until 1:00 in the morning and wake up at 7:00. Those days are gone.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I do the same thing. If I don't go to bed within a half an hour window, I am completely wiped out the next day. How did we get so old so fast?