Thursday, May 31, 2007

Wednesday Happenings

All afternoon yesterday I felt extremely tired--not just a normal tired but a weird, funny tired. When the end of the day came, I made plans to go home and lay down for a little bit. Those plans were irritatingly interrupted. As I drove out of the park, I thought my car felt a little sluggish as it drove down the pavement. My co-worker, who was driving behind me, called my cell phone to inform me that I had a flat tire. Rats--of all days! So I pulled over to the side of the rode--luckily one of the male park workers came by and he helped me get the spare on. Then I drove to Navasota to get my tire patched up. By the time I got back to College Station I was so worn out, I decided I couldn't make it to church. I ran through a drive-thru for dinner and then laid down for about an hour at home.

An interesting thing that occurred on Wednesday was an email I received. In the email I was asked to speak at a session at a museum conference. I was quite flattered but also confused. I have no idea why the chose me--I don't know either of the people in charge but they said that I was recommended. It is still uncertain if I will do it--for one we are unsure that our museum programs apply to the session topic. So we will see what happens. I actually wouldn't mind doing it. I think it would be a great experience and a wonderful addition to my resume.

No comments: