Wednesday, November 03, 2004

Abnormal Sleeping Patterns

I experienced the CONSEQUENCES of my wonderful, relaxing trip to Corpus on Monday night. On Tuesday I had a power point project, a huge lesson plan project, and a group project all due in the same class--what the huey?!?! So Monday night I doped myself up on chocolate and coke (a-cola). I began working on it at 6:00 and ended at 4:45 in the morning. The hardest time slot was from 12-1--I wanted to go to bed so bad. But man, you should have seen me at about 3:00. I was wired and singing with much enthusiasm to Les Miserables--I really hope I didn't wake up my roommates.

So Tuesday I was running on 2 hours of sleep. Whew. I did pretty well because I knew I had to do my presentation to the class which was at 1:00. Unfortunatly I had class and work from 8-5 so there was no chance of getting a nap. It wasn't until I got to work that the lack of sleep hit me like a sumo wrestler. I was dying. After work I had to rush across town to vote. I really hope none of you were on the road at about 5:00 yesterday because it was a very scary ride for me. 2 hours of sleep+driving=roads moving around and fading in and out of conciousness. I was very glad when I got home safe and sound.

I got home a little before 6:00 and told Robin and Brooke I was going to take a nap. I set my alarm for 8:00. When it went off I decided to sleep 40 more minutes. The next time I woke up I thought it looked a little darker in my room. I looked at my clock and realized it was 3:00 in the morning--whoa baby! I got up, took out my contacts, took a quick restroom break, thought about what I should do, and then jumped right back into bed until 7:00. I got 13 hours of sleep last night!!!

Man, when you are sleep deprived you have some majorly wacked out dreams!

Hopefully I am back on my regularly scheduled sleep pattern.

No comments: