Thursday, November 04, 2004

Adkins Exploding in the Freezer

What did you do this afternoon?

Well, my roommates and I bought $50 worth of meat.
Giga-what?!?!?

So I left observing early today to relax at home before I had to go to work. While at work an innocent, unbeknownst knock rapped at our door. It was this rather loud, but funny hispanic man. We figured he wanted to mow our yard--we get those a lot since we tend to have the jungle growing in the front. He actually was from "Gourmet Foods" and he was selling meat--how random.

Since I answered the door I of course said "Sure I'd like to look at it" (I just can't say no). So he ran to his truck and brought in a huge box and began pulling out the meat and describing it with such tenderness. The meat actually looked very good and it was vacuum sealed. So we ended up buying 24 steak hamburger patties and 10 medallions. So they are sitting in the freezer awaiting consumption.

Wow what a random day.

*By the way...if anyone is interested we have the card and phone number of the meat man.

1 comment:

Julie said...

the meat man was probably atkins himself, reincarnated. isn't that a creepy thought?

actually, buying meat from the back of someone's truck is pretty creepy. however, if i am in the market for some luscious beef, i know who to call!