Monday, November 15, 2004

New Love

I have a new love in my life...The Bagel Wagon in the Ad building. (I think it has a new name now but forever it will be known to me as TBW). Over the past four years I have know this place and received my lunch from there. I received it's gifts of nurishment with tolerance and kindness. But everything changed on Friday...

Friday I had to go to work right after chapel so I ran to grab something to eat. I was going to get my normal cold turkey sandwhich until my eyes rested on the large crockpot in the corner. I opended the warm pot to find chicken and rice simmering and steaming away. My heart started to beat out the rhythm of the song "Heaven, I'm in Heaven". It was such an amazing, warm, fulfilling meal!

Then today I went to get some lunch and when I checked the magic pot of goodness I found potatoe soup! Again my heart raced. I used the LADLE to dish out the yummy broth. I have been blind these past four years to this wonderful, precious gift. From now on I check the pot before any other food item pops into my mind.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

They have only recently added soup to other eateries besides fatted caff