Monday, June 19, 2006

People Continue to Amaze Me

I arrived in Abilene Saturday night (after riding through a horrible thunderstorm).

Last night my mom and I went to see The Davinci Code. We both have read the book and have been waiting to see the movie. While we were in line for our tickets I heard someone say "hi Erin". It was one of my kids from student teaching (one of my favorites--you're not suppose to have favorites but it's really hard not too). He was one of the few good kids in my horrible 4th period class.

So the crowds at the movie theater are pretty small on a Sunday night. My mom and I were ready for the movie to begin when a group of ladies walked in...with a 2 year old (or younger) little boy. Who brings a little kid to a movie like that and at 9:00 at night? Everything was fine untill the last hour or so of the movie when the little boy kept crying and wouldn't stop. The ladies would not take him out. Someone went to get the manager to talk to her. She started talking over normal levels saying she had paid money just like everyone else and they should leave her alone. She refused to leave the theater. So we sat through with the little boy crying off and on for 30 more minutes.

It amazes me that people have become so inconsiderate of others. It seems that the world has become very selfish. No one thinks anymore what is good for the others around me. The thought now is I have a freedom and I can push it as far as I want. Who cares about these people I don't know and will never see again.

2 comments:

Mary said...

True it, Erin. But hey, how was the movie - I read the book and can't wait to see it!

Julie said...

Hey! I got your comment about McKay's too late -- I'm so sorry! I would have loved to come. How long will you be in town? If there's any more girliness going on, let me know because I would love to see you!