Friday, June 02, 2006

Summons and Interviews

Yesterday in the mail I found a jury summons. This was going to be my first time to serve jury duty. I've been called at least 3 times before but luckily at the time I was in college. Then I noticed the date of my summons: June 1st at 1:00 p.m. I received the summons on June 1st at 5:30 p.m. Then my eyes rolled to the name of the court: Abilene Municiple Court. That would be a little tricky since I am over 300 miles away.

We are having interviews for an additional desk worker on the weekend. I don't get to sit in on the interviews but I get to hear all about them afterwards. Today we had a retired teacher--actually she taught my bosses daughter. I was told she is the sweetest thing. A little while after the interview I got a call from the frontdesk asking me to come to the front. Out there was the lady from the interview asking me an interesting question: she wanted to know what she interviewed for! She had been confused by the ad because it mentioned our small gift shop so she thought it was the big gift shop. Once we got it figured out she couldn't stop laughing at herself. I really liked her and I hope she gets the job.

No comments: