Wednesday, June 28, 2006

The Birthday

So my first birthday away from home went very well. We had a birthday celebration first thing at work. My cake was so good. It's called Better Than Anything Cake. It is chocolate cake with caramel seaped inside with cool whip on top. It was a great breakfast :). And I love opening my email to find 6 ecards from my mom! I think it might be a little hard for her not to have me there. Apparently my mom ordered some flowers to be delivered to the museum but they never made it. She was a little upset by that.

Tonight at my knitting class at church all the ladies sang happy birthday to me (I think my friend Valerie set that up). I have never figured out what to do when people sing happy birthday to me--I always feel very awkward. After class Sarah, Valerie, Amanda, and I went out for birthday dessert at Marble Slab. I was excited because I had never been there. My double dark chocolate ice cream with cookie dough was very good. Saturday we are planning to go see The Lake House.

Overall, it was a very good birthday. I welcome with great expectation year 23 of my life!

1 comment:

Julie said...

Oh, my! Happy (belated) 23rd birthday!!! Marble slab is soooo good.