Saturday, July 01, 2006

Museum Mayheims!

I love working at the museum because you see a large variety of people and their different behaviors. On Thursday this family came in while I was watching the front desk. There were 2 moms with 5 kids between them, one set of grandparents, and another grandmother. When I saw all the kids I figured there might be some problems with them talking loudly or running which are normal things for kids to do. But the problem was actually with one of the mothers. At one point she was on the upper part of the ramp (which goes upstairs) and she was yelling to her son who was in the back room of the first floor. I was utterly amazed! I couldn't believe someone would do that in a museum!

Friday a group of 13 kids, their 3 mothers, and a grandmother came to the museum. The front desk worker came and informed me that a man had a complaint about the group. They all had gone into the theater to watch out 20 minute movie and while the movie was on, some of the younger kids were running back and forth on the stage. Apparently the moms were sitting there letting the kids do whatever. Anne and I put our official museum nametags on and went out to supervise. All of the adults were looking at the exhibits while the kids were doing whatever they wanted around the museum! At one point the little 2 yrs. old boy started walking up the ramp by himself. When the front desk worker told the mom her response was, "Oh he won't go too far up"! Sheesh.

Maybe we should have some etiquette class to reteach people how to act in certain places.

No comments: