Friday, July 28, 2006

A Good End to the Vacation

Thursday was jam-packed with all kinds of fun activities! I started off at Subway to eat and converse with my dad and grandmother. And while there I saw many employees of ACU which it is very hard to avoid that when taking in lunch at a restaurant on Judge Ely. After lunch I zoomed over to Frontier Texas. I have never been to see the new museum and my boss gave me some "homework". He wanted me to check it out and get some new multi media ideas for our museum. It was a very well done facility.

After Frontier Texas I met Lauren at her soon to be new house (aka Mark and Katrina's old house). We scrubbed and vacuumed the house for about 2 hours. It was great--we were dirty and sweaty and we accomplished alot!

I then went home to relax for a bit before the next event. At 7:00 the group met at Sonic for some highly needed sand volleyball. There was hot sand, crazy dives, uncontrolled serves that took out fellow team members--it was great! After the game Brooke, Kendra, Brandon, James, Julie, Bret and I sat around talking. I'm not sure how it came about but we got in this "argument" that lasted around 20 minutes. We argued about on Home Improvement was Wilson their backyard neighbor or their side neighbor. I was part of the group that said he was the side neighbor aka the right answer. It got so bad that we started making a diagram of the house with a cell phone and cup lid! I loved it!

My Abilene vacation draws to an end and I had a wonderful time! But it's time to get back to the College Station life which I love just as much as the Abilene one.

1 comment:

Brooke said...

Wison was most definitely the side neighbor. No doubt about it...It was great to see you this week! Don't work too hard in College Station!