Tuesday, July 11, 2006

Day Off #1

I have quite a few vacation days that I have to use up at work, so the next two weeks I am taking random days off. This week I have Monday, Tuesday and Thursday off.

Yesterday I woke up late (favorite part of days off). At 11:30 I got a call from my friend Stephanie. She worked with Robin and I at the snow cone stand. She is now doing grad work at Sam Houston in Huntsville and taking part in an internship at the College Station police department. So we went to her brother's restaurant in downtown Bryan. It was some of the best chicken salad and pasta salad I've ever had.

The rest of the afternoon was spent doing laundry and running up to the church to pick up some money (I'm in charge of getting the snack this week for the AFC class). I had my bible study that evening. I enjoy this study it's just hard to get a word in sometimes. There are 3 girls who like to talk and when I do have something to say I have to fight to get in there.

After the study Travis picked me up and we went for hot chocolate at Sweet Eugene's. We then went to Hastings to rent a movie...we ended up picking The Grudge. I have never seen this movie but when it first came out I went to the website and it scared me so much! I am now scared of little asian boys. Because it was about midnight and I live bymyself, we went for a walk to get rid of the scary images.

Thankfully I did not have any nightmares. Day off #1 was really good!

1 comment:

Julie said...

Eeek! After seeing "The Grudge" in theatres I made Bret come and open the Campus Centre with me since it was still dark when I had to go to work...I couldn't get those images out of my head for weeks! :-)