Saturday, July 29, 2006

Very Random Tidbits

I don't enjoy too many reality tv shows just because there are so many out there. But I have watched a couple episodes of Project Runway and I admit that I really like it. Drama and pretty clothes what more could you want?

At the museum we receive Texas Highways magazine. While flipping through the new August edition I came to a section about colleges in Texas. And which college was pictured on the front page...ACU! It is a classic pic of the globe in the Bible Building. Even though we are small we still can rank up there with Rice, Tech, A&M, and UT.

Monday I am giving a tour to 115 kids by myself! Almost everyone else is on vacation next week. So we will see how it goes--I already have a plan of action.

Friday my mom, grandmother, sisters and I went to see my grandmother's soon to be apartment. She is moving from Desoto to the Sears Methodist Center in Abilene. While looking at the apartment Jennifer, Traci, and I hid in the closet waiting for my mom and grandmother to walk in. When they finally opened the closet there we were in the See No, Hear No, Speak No Evil positions. I love my sisters!

On my drive home yesterday I wanted a diet coke with lime to keep me going (that is my caffienated drink of choice). I stopped at two different conveinent stores and they didn't have it--not even a diet pepsi with lime. So I relented to get a diet black cherry with a kiss of vanilla coke (what a name). I was reluctant because of a previous experience with this beverage *See blog Saturday, January 7, 2006* But this drink was an enjoyable experience :)

Friday before I left for my Abilene vacation Travis came over to teach me how to cook. I had a weird headache all day at work and it was still affecting me. So instead he let me lie on the couch and listen to Nat King Cole (perfect choice) while he cooked some very good food! And for dessert...my favorite ice cream: Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

awwww. yeah for Travis! in fact, stop writing about your job and make this the pro-Travis blog. haha. JUST KIDDING. luv ya!

Mary said...

I have to admit, I was never a fan of diet drinks, but I recently discovered that Diet Pepsi is not half bad. I just can't take Diet Coke, though...I probably never will.