Sunday, July 09, 2006

Pirates O and A&M

The AFC (Aggies for Christ) planned to see Pirates of the Caribbean on Friday night but a smaller group of us--3 of us--decided to go Saturday night. Unfortunately Teresa couldn't make it so I was met by Travis, a guy I met just a week ago. It was really fun and what a great movie! Orlando Bloom and Johnny Depp you can't go wrong.

Today at church I saw a familiar face sitting in service. Anslie Craig, who I know from Highland, and her husband have moved to College Station. Her husband is there for veternary training. And her baby is due in August--how exciting!

After church Travis, Teresa, Colby, Natalie, and I went to Fazoli's for lunch. We got a lot of stories about the Corp at A&M from Travis and hilarious stories from both Colby and Travis about their time in Russia. After lunch Travis took me on a walking tour of A&M. He told me what each building was and the many stories/traditions of the campus. It was also fun when the random rain storm came through--we quickly found cover at one of the many buildings. My favorite places were Kyle Field (I have to go to a game), the Century Tree, and the chapel. It was a really fun afternoon.

I'm off the next two days (trying to use up my vacation days) and I already have things lined up:
Monday--Bible Study, coffee with Travis
Tuesday--AFC Girls' night at Mr. Gattis!

1 comment:

Mary said...

Pirates 2 was really good - I just can't believe we have to wait until next summer for the last one to come out...Arrrgggghh!