Saturday, July 01, 2006

Crazy Weekend

My weekend is jam-packed with all kinds of fun activities. Yesterday I took the morning off from work because I had a chair that was being delievered to my apartement (by the way it looks really great). But while I was off I took the time to clean my apartment because I wouldn't have anytime to until Wednesday--and it desperatly needed it.

Last night right after work I went and helped my friends Amanda Scott (fellow ACU grad) and Mandy move houses. It was so much fun! 4 girls, Amanda's dad, and Travis, a guy from the Aggie class, moved a whole house in 3 hours! The last load of stuff was really fun because the house's electricity had been turned off so we had to find all the darkly shaped items.

Tonight after work I'm going out with some girls for an extended birthday celebration. We are eating at Freebirds (no complaints on that) and then going to see The Lake House. After the movie some of us are going to see Mandy at the skating place where she works. They are having a lock-in from 8 p.m. to 8 a.m. She said we could come in for free and go skating. I absoultely love roller skating and miss the days in college when we would all go the the skating rink with all the little kids.

Sunday afternoon my mom and sisters are coming to visit me until Wednesday! (Another reason the apartment needs to be clean). Tuesday the state park where I work is having a big 4th of July celebration with free ice cream and coke, food vendors, and other fun stuff. Then at 9:00 there will be a fireworks display. The special people (employees of the museum, their family and Blinn employees) get to sit on the observation deck of the museum to watch. I'm really excited to see what all goes on.

No comments: