Wednesday, September 22, 2004

And the winner is...

So I'm sitting in my office reading my book while my boss, Jana, is reading the Optimist (which I already read). All of a sudden Jana says, "You won tickets to the drive-in?" I had no idea what she was talking about. I didn't win tickets...I never win any kind of contest. And besides that I didn't enter any contest. So I got up to see what she was talking about. There in the optimist, a huge ad in the middle of the page (how in the heck did I not see that) was a list of names, and *bada-bing-bada-boom* there was my name smack dab in the middle of them. Apparently I won the tickets for filling out the online survey about the best stuff in Abilene. I had no idea there was a prize involved. I was just incredibly bored at work so I figured filling that out would pass a few minutes. And to think I would have gone the entire day not knowing about this wonderful surprise.

Now the big question is who do I take with me? Who is worthy enough to accompany me to the drive-in? Maybe I should hold interviews or at least milk some well-deserved grovelling from others for a few days.

If interested in above mentioned ticket or know someone who is please post a comment to this blog with the following:

*Resume
*8x10 glossy photo
*3 letters from references
*your best grovelling offer

(congrats to Phyllis--another winner of said tickets!)

2 comments:

Unknown said...

What?! Really?! Where's my paper?

Anonymous said...

Resume: ummm....yes yes i am awesome. and most likely i'll be free.

8x10 glossy: you know what i look like. probably better than i do considering my mirror is the size of my hand.

letters: chances are you know anyone that would write me a recomendation.

best grovel: i'll ride my bike over to your house earlier that day, take your car then pick you up at 8:00. possibly with a gift from the floral department of united. even though that's not very grovelly.