Friday, September 03, 2004

A Cry for the Oldies

Yesterday and today I've had a major inkling to watch some old movies. One that I haven't watched in a long time and is an all time favorite for me is Singing in the Rain. Gene Kelly...what more could a girl ask for? He sings, he dances, he sweeps me off my feet. (sigh) I also could go for some Doris Day romantic comedy: Pillow Talk, Glass-Bottom Boat, The Thrill of it all. And then there are the comic-westerns: The Second Time Around with Debbie Reynolds (also in Singing in the Rain) and Andy Griffith (familiar theme song starts whistling). Another good funny western movie is Cat Ballou with Jane Fonda. And I'm always up for a good Audrey Hepburn movie--any day any time. My favorite Audrey movie (and possibly my favorite old movie) is without a doubt Roman Holiday. Another fine looking gentelman is present in this flick: Gregory Peck...mmmm...my heart warms at the sound of his name. Two of my other favorite Audrey movies are not as well known: Wait Until Dark and How to Steal a Million. Audrey plays a blind woman in the first movie--it's quite a thriller! I really wish I owned all of these movies so I could plop on the couch and watch them over and over again. But alas they are not in my possession, though I do own a few oldies movies, none of which are on this list but are still good. I really think we need to have an old movie night and watch non-stop movies from the 50's and 60's! It has to happen. If you share in my love of the old films, let me hear a whoop whoop!

2 comments:

Tark said...

Hooray for old movies! I have Singin' in the Rain if we ever get this old movie night goin. :-)

Julie said...

"wait until dark" really is pretty scary. of course, i get frightened easily. if i was going to be blind, i would want to be a blind audrey hepburn!