Thursday, September 09, 2004

"In the Still of the Night"

Last night the coolest thing happenend in the Relm's front yard. Brooke's 20th birthday was yesterday (yea!). After church Robin and I returned home where Brooke was waiting for Ross to come over so they could watch a movie or something (she wasn't sure what they were planning to do). Robin and I began doing homework in our respective rooms. At about 9:30ish I heard a knock on the door and thought it was Ross. A few seconds later Robin rushed in my room telling me I had to come see what was happening. I go to the front door and a group of the guys (Marcus, Billy, Daniel, Phil, Bret, Zach, Stephen, and Ross) were standing outside dressed up in suits and ties! Ross was singing "In the Still of the Night" while the rest of the guys were singing the backup. It was so incredibly awesome!!! They sounded incredibly great. Robin got pics with her digital camera, and from her body language and the smile on her face we could tell Brooke was in heaven. After they finished the song Ross came in and I went back to my room to study. Robin said the guys wanted to talk to us. We then realized that they were "kidnapping" us so that Brooke and Ross could have some time alone. So they took us to Whataburger...where else? So here were the guys looking amazingly GQ in their suits and Robin and I were in our pajamas--Robin without any shoes (Stephen took his socks off so she had something to wear) and me in my blue, fuzzy slippers. It was such a fun night. Kudos to Ross for such a great birthday present!

No comments: