Monday, September 06, 2004

The Great Ice Cream Caper!

Last night after 9:00 I was planning to go to the library to find a book that I need to read for a class. Brooke and Ross said they were going to Dairy Queen for blizzards and were inviting others to join. I decided I could take 30 minutes for a Brownie Batter Blizzard (yum!). I called Robin to invite her to tag along too. I reached the DQ on ambler first and was disappointed to see it was closed. I stopped in the parking lot to call Brooke and while I stopped I noticed the greasy haired, muscle-shirt wearing, tattoo gorging man lighting his cigarette. I quickly vacated the premises.

I called Brooke and Ross and Robin to tell them it was closed. So we decided to try the one on Mockingbird. While driving down Ambler I saw Ross's truck ahead so I sped up to catch them. Well, let's just say they almost witnessed my death as I didn't notice the person in front of me breaking for the red light. Luckily I caught it in time to prevent any car damage. Robin then called me to say that she was at the Mockingbird DQ and it was closed.

So Brooke and I decide we would go to Shake's. The last time I went there it was open until 11:00. But alas the lights were turned of and the building was a deserted of desserts. So Ross, Brooke and I waited for Robin, Katie, and Billy to show up to figure out what to do. We thought we would go to Super W and just buy pints of ice cream. Robin needed to get stuff and Walmart so she said she would meet us there. But when Billy and Katie showed up we decided to go to Sonic down the road. So I had to inform Robin and she said she would meet us there.

Katie was the first to order her Sonic treat--a reeses peanut butter cup blast. Brooke started to order her oreo blast when the sonic worker informed us that after Katie's order they ran out of ice cream! Who runs out of ice cream?!?!? And of all nights for that to happen...We were all so distraught. We finally decided to get frosty's at Wendy's. Unfortunatly Robin was already on her way to Sonic when I called her to tell her to turn back around and head to Wendy's.

At 11:15 we finally sat down to our well-deserved ice cream. (Needless to say I did not make it to the library that night).

No comments: