Tuesday, January 24, 2006

Busy Day

Today I had another meeting at Blinn College in Brenham. The new employee meeting began at 8:30 which meant I had to leave my apartment by 7:30 to get there--ugh! To add to the fun of the day there was a thick layer of fog all the way from College Station to Brenham--thick as in I could only see about 20 feet in front of me. Once again this meeting had very little effectiveness for me, being an employee of the museum. And they didn't even have snack items or drinks for us...thank goodness I grabbed a honey bun before leaving!

Tonight was our first girls' devo. Our first meeting was mainly about getting to know each other in the group. Twelve girls showed up tonight but apparently there are twenty signed up. We are going to be studying with the book Lady in Waiting. Back in high school the "abilene girls" had a bible study using this book. I sort of remember the context but it will be good to study it again. When I first heard about the study I had told Valerie, the one in charge of the devo, that I was willing to use my apartment for the study. So next week we are going to try it out. I think my living room will accomodate everyone...we will see. I'm really excited about this devotional and what opportunities God will bring through the new friendships I make.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Wow good luck with all of the eligible bachelors.. send one my way! hhah