Wednesday, January 18, 2006

Girl's Devo

Tonight at church I signed up for a girl's devo that will be starting on Tuesday nights. One of the girls from my small group (Valerie)works at the church and she is in charge of the devo. I got to talking with her and she told me how she has been meaning to call me to get together. We made plans to have lunch together in a few weeks. I'm really excited about the devo--this would be a good way for me to meet some of the girls here and get to know more about them than just their names. Hopefully Valerie and I will begin a friendship. I really am in need of a friend or two to go do things with.

Tomorrow we are celebrating one of our co worker's birthday. This is usually a fun time of cake eating. Unfortunatly I found out the cake tomorrow is going to have bananas and pineapples in it--blech! I don't do fruit in my desserts...it's something about the texture. So somehow I'm going to have to eat it...maybe I'll chase it down with coke.

2 comments:

Me said...

Chasing down cake with Coke...hmm...sounds like an addiction that could get a little out of hand! So anyway I have fully conformed to blogspot now!!

Unknown said...

I'm with you on the texture thing...I'm ok with bananas, but pineapples in cake and ice cream-GROSS!