Saturday, January 07, 2006

My drive home last night was very enjoyable. Even though it is a 4 and a half hour trip it still seems quicker to me than the dull, dreary drive to Dallas. Plus my mom gave me The Da Vinci Code on cd. I've never listened to a book on cd before. I became so engrossed in the story that the miles on the road flew by. When I reached home I was already on cd 4 of 5.

I returned to work today though the majority of my co workers were not there. But it still felt wonderful to be back--I missed being there. My two week absence was illustriously depicted by the amount of work left on my desk. I had about 10 tours to input in the computer and 7 messages on my phone of possible tours that I will call back on Monday. It felt good to be busy again.

On my way to work I bought a Diet Black Cherry with a Kiss of Vanilla Coke (what a name). As I drove away from the store I took a nice swig from the bottle. But something was not right with the liquid swishing in my mouth. There were chunks of something floating within the soda. My mind reeled at what it may be and, out of a normal human reflex, I spit the substance back in its container. I still have no idea what was in the coke. (I think I'm through with Diet Black Cherry with a Kiss of Vanilla Coke)

Tomorrow is my first day to teach in the 3-year-old class at my church. I'm really excited about it. I've decided I want to find a venue to volunteer my time at. I spend too much time in the evenings watching t.v. and surfing the web. I'm not sure what I will do but I am beginning my search.

At this moment I am watching Sense and Sensibility. I love this movie. If anyone enjoys Pride and Prejudice, the new or old version (although I enjoy the old), I believe they will also enjoy this Jane Austen romance.

1 comment:

Julie said...

i LOVE "sense and sensibility!" when the colonel walks in on kate winslet singing and stares at her, i get giddy. i used some of the songs from the soundtrack in the wedding, too -- beautiful music!