Friday, January 20, 2006

The Meeting

I was pretty busy today at work. My boss, Anne, was having a steering committee meeting for Regional History Fair which we are hosting in February. So at 10:45 I drove the museum van to Navasota to pick up the sandwhiches for lunch. It wasn't until I got into town that I realized I left the money on my desk--rats! Once I got back it was time for the meeting. I got to sit in because Anne wants me to know as much as possible about the History Fair in case she is sick on that day I will be able to take over--no pressure! It was interesting sitting in on the meeting. Before now I was always the one who held down the office while everyone else went to the important meetings. I'm still trying to get use to that switch in my mind. I have this salary position but I'm so use to being the student worker. It's weird having more power...I'm slowly getting use to it.

It's official. I signed up for Jitterbug Dancing class! Starting in February I will be going to class on Thursday nights from 7:30-9:00. I'm going to have to get a tape to record the O.C.--I'm so addicted!

2 comments:

Julie said...

your OC addiction makes me feel better about mine! i am so happy you're taking jitterbug, because now maybe i can be cool by association.

Me said...

You are so old with your big-time job!! haha Have fun with your class!