Sunday, January 22, 2006

Chruch Happenings

I had some interesting events happen at church this morning and evening...all of them quite funny. This morning after the 3's class (which they were very rambunktious) I made my way to the auditorium for service. I tried to find Valerie or Andrei so I could sit with someone I knew. Unfortunatley they weren't in yet so I just sat on an empty pew. Then someone came and sat next to me--I thought it was Andrei but it was some other random guy. During the greeting time we introduced each other. His name was Caleb and he is doing grad work at A&M. I'd have to admit he was pretty cute. Well, the funny/embarrasing thing that happened while sitting next to him occurred during the communion. When the cup was passed to me I just happened to spill the cup all over the tray! I have never done that before...of course it would happen while sitting next to a cute guy. Sheesh!

The other humorous thing occurred later that night. I signed up for a 101 class the church was offering that night from 5-8. When I got there it was mostly senior couples. During the class we learned information about the church and I signed up for membership. Afterwards when we were all leaving one of the older ladies said she wanted my phone number. I thought maybe she wanted more information about where I worked. Completely off base. She said she had a grandson who works out here and goes to the church and she wants to try to play matchmaker. Then another lady came in the conversation and said her son was moving here in February. She said they might make a trip to the museum. I was so tickled by all of this!

Word of advice to all my single friends: get to know the older ladies at your church...they just might have an eligable son or grandson!

2 comments:

Julie said...

that is the cutest thing i've ever heard. i love the grandmotherly types, and it's nice to know you'll have your pick of men! :-)

Mark said...

*pulls out to-do list*

"Get to know grandmothers at church...check!"