Monday, March 06, 2006

Future Trip

Tonight I began thinking about my summer plans. I have decided that since I have a full time job with plenty of vacation days to take off I should take a special vacation. Not just spending my time off at home in Abilene (no offense to my family and friends at home) but actually getting on a plane and seeing the sites of a place I have never been. Now I have to figure out where to go...

My first thoughts have been fixed on New York City. I've always wanted to go there. I missed my chance back in high school with a choir trip. I even looked at tickets for different Broadway musicals. Some other places I have considered are Boston (to visit my uncle and aunt), Las Vegas, maybe somewhere in the northeast...I don't want to go to a beach--I'm not a big fan of water, sun, and the heat.

I'm still thinking and planning. Any suggestions of places would be appreciated.

3 comments:

Hannah said...

Hey we are going to Vegas on May 21. You should come! It is a lot of fun! It would be a fun place to go- you could see the strip, see some AWESOME shows...New York would be a lot of fun too though. I haven't ever been there, but Eric is supposed to take me for our 5 year anniversary. Other fun places..Alaska, Disney World, California, or Chicago. Who are you going to go with?

Julie said...

disney world would be lots of fun, and so would new york city. but the only new york city i know is from "you've got mail," which may or may not be accurate! :-)

Brooke said...

a preceptorship is basically me working 12 12-hour shifts following around a nurse who is my preceptor. translation: i follow around this nurse and do what she tells me to and hopefully learn a lot. are there any good children's hospitals in the college station/houston area? i'm sure there are. need a roommate? haha. i have no idea what i'm going to do...