Sunday, March 12, 2006

Weekend Happenings

This weekend I bought my first piece of art. I went to Kirkland's just to look around and because I had a 25% off coupon. While looking I came upon this framed picture and I knew that it was what I have been looking for to put in the living room. I tried to find a picture of it online but I have failed. So I will try to explain it. The painting is a man in a white dinner jacket playing the piano with a woman in a red dress standing. As soon as I got back home I got busy hanging the painting. It was quite a trick doing this by myself: lots of measuring and hammering--I worked up a bit of a sweat...not wait glisten (women don't sweat).

Today I went up to the mall, not planning to by anything, and left with some classy work clothes. I haven't bought any clothes in a long time so I figured it was time to reward myself. My new favorite place for clothes is New York and Co.

I taught my 3-year-olds the story of Hannah and Samuel today. To start out I had them play Marco Polo (the connection being when Samuel heard a voice calling him that he couldn't see). They were so adorable--I think they thought it was a new form of hide and seek. As soon as one kid had the blind fold on they all hid under the tables. When I brought the kids back to the floor to listen to the story, one little boy, Daniel, rested his head on my leg--such a simple act but so caring. Later on in class Daniel tapped me on the leg and said "Teacher, I like you". I just wanted to scoop him up and take him home. I had been thinking about not teaching next year(or at least not Sunday morning) so that I could start going to the Graduates and Young Professional class but now I feel that I want to continue with this class. I still have some time to think about it.

(Did anyone watch Extreme Makeover:Home Edition this week? I cried so much at this episode!)

1 comment:

Julie said...

i'm glad you found something perfect for your home! isn't decorating your own space exciting?!