Friday, March 17, 2006

Luck of the Irish


Happy St. Patrick's Day. Did everyone remember their green? I always tried to get out of getting pinched by saying I was Irish (which I really am) or using my green eyes as my splash of green...needless to say it doesn't work. Luckily I wore a green shirt today.

Why is it that this is one of the less commercialized holiday? Green, clovers, little red headed elves, you've got all the makings of a great cash in. At least bring out some candy: green, clover peeps; Reese's clover-shaped cups; green fudge (ok this last one I just ran out of creative thoughts).

This morning I answered the phone saying "Star of the Republic Museum this is Erin" and the man on the other end said "Erin, what a great name for today". I do enjoy my Irish name!

2 comments:

Brooke said...

Does it count if my middle name is Erin? I always tried to pull the green eyes bit too. Not so successful. Oh well. Happy St. Patty's Day!!

Mary said...

Hey Erin, there was actually a quite huge St. Patrick's Day parade in downtown San Antonio (a day late on Saturday, though). They even dyed the river at the Riverwalk green! Fun times.